for personal data processed in connection with this website
LAST REVISION: 02.04.2019
Personal data is information that directly or indirectly refers to you as an individual ("Personal Information").
a. Coca-Cola Services NV, a company located at Chaussée de Mons 1424, 1070 Brussels in Belgium, is the controller and owner of the data collection (as defined by the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, hereinafter "DPA") and is responsible for the processing Your personal data in connection with the Valser website (mentioned as "we", "us" and "our").
2. What personal data do we collect about you?
a. Your personal information that we collect and process
We collect and process the following information about you:
· First name;
· Date of birth;
· Postal address;
· Telephone number (including private and mobile numbers);
· E-mail address;
· Public social media profile: Name, Handles, Photos, "Likes", Location, other public profile information;
· User-created content in social media: Photos, texts, videos, icons, hashtags, recordings that you share on social media;
· Location information;
· IP address
· Information about your device (e.g. screen size)
· Server log file information;
· Personal activity data (e.g. dates and times of activity on the relevant pages, frequency of visits to a website, links that are clicked on).
b. We request you not to submit or disclose any sensitive information on the website or otherwise.
"Sensitive Information" means personal information that relates to sensitive aspects, such as:
· racial or ethnic origin,
· political opinions,
· religious or ideological convictions,
· Health or health status,
· Criminal background,
· Union membership,
· Sexual orientation.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information as follows:
· About the pages: We collect your personal data from the pages.
· Offline: We collect your personal information offline, if you, for example, contact our customer service.
The personal information you provide us through the sites will be associated with your personal information and other information that you provide to us (online or offline) or that we otherwise receive online or offline.
4. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
a. Answering your inquiries/administrative interactions
· To process your requests, questions and comments and to fulfil your wishes.
Legal basis for the processing: Our legitimate and overriding interest in processing your requests.
b. Data analysis to derive trends and improve Valser products and services
We collect your personal information in an aggregated form in order to understand your interaction with the website (e.g. how, when and on which device you use our website) and our marketing communications (e.g. whether you open our communications, which links you click), and to derive general consumption trends and patterns from this analysis. This analysis helps us to get to know the users of the website better and to adapt our website to the identified preferences of the users. It basically helps us to tailor Valser products and services to the general preferences of users.
Legal basis for the processing: our overriding and legitimate interest in making this website available to you and to further improve and develop this website.
c. Competitions, prize draws, surveys and other special offers/promotions
We will be offering contests, prize draws, surveys and similar special offers and promotions through the Website, which may require online registration (including your email address). If you register for a competition, sweepstake, survey or any other special offer/promotion or win something, we ask you for specific personal information to complete the steps involved in that event and to be able to inform you.
Legal basis for the processing: the fulfilment of the contract resulting from the participation in competitions, prize draws, surveys and other special offers/promotions based on the terms and conditions of the promotion.
· We use your personal information to identify server issues, manage website, and ensure that they work properly.
Legal basis for the processing: Our legitimate and overriding interest in managing our IT systems and networks to ensure their proper functioning.
If you make a transaction through the website, such as the purchase of merchandise from Valser and affiliated brands, we collect the payment information you provide for that transaction, along with other personal information, such as the address to which the purchased products are shipped. We use your personal information to process the transaction and your purchase.
Legal basis for the processing: The processing of your personal data to conclude transactions is based on the execution of your purchase agreement.
g. Compliance with our legal obligations
· To comply with our legal obligations, legal processes, or dispositions of governmental agencies, which may include mandatory dispositions by governmental authorities outside your country of residence, if we are required by law to do so, and if it is essential to disclose your personal information in order to comply with such obligations, legal procedures or dispositions.
Legal basis for the processing: Compliance with our legal obligations.
g. Lawful protection of our interests
· To properly enforce our Terms and Conditions in order to protect our activities or those of our affiliates, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, and to enable us to use available remedies.
Legal basis for the processing: Protecting our legitimate and overriding interests in order to protect our business.
h. Corporate Activities/Mergers and Acquisitions
· To restructure, merge, dispose of, enter into a joint venture, assignation, transfer or other disposal of any or all of our business activities, assets or stock (including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Legal basis for the processing: Our legitimate and overriding interests in implementing our corporate strategy.
5. Which profiling do we do?
b. This profiling has no legal implications for you and does not affect your experience on the website. There is no monitoring or tracking of your individual behaviour, activities or movements, in any way whatsoever. It is used only to help us understand the preferences and behaviours of our site users in general, and to improve the website, Valser products, and Valser services with the help of this analysis.
6. To whom are your personal data disclosed?
Your personal information is disclosed to the following recipients:
a. Valser Mineralquellen GmbH, Camp 519, 7132 Vals, Switzerland
b. Coca-Cola Schweiz GmbH, Brüttisellen
c. Voice Kienast, Zurich, a company that helps us manage our services.
d. Coca-Cola HBC Schweiz AG, a company that helps us manage our services.
e. [Kju:] digital solutions, Vienna, Austria, a company that helps us manage our services.
g. APIGEE Edge-Plattform, hosting our IT systems and system support;
h. Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, hosting our IT systems and system support;
i. CI&T, hosting our IT systems and system support
j. EPAM responsible for CID programming
l. Gigya, hosting our IT systems and system support;
n. ICP, Content Management Services for DMeX
o. Livefyre, hosting our IT systems and system support;
p. Janrain, hosting our IT systems and system support;
q. MicroStrategy, hosting our IT systems and system support;
r. Qualtrics, hosting our IT systems and system support;
s. SalesForce, hosting our IT systems and system support;
t. SessionM, hosting our IT systems and system support;
u. WordPress, hosting our IT systems and system support;
v. If necessary or appropriate, to the relevant authorities, affiliates and third parties: (a) to comply with our legal obligations; (b) to respond to binding requests from public and governmental authorities, which may include public and governmental authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our business and that of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, security or property and/or the security or property of our affiliates; and (f) to enable us to use available remedies.
7. Websites of third parties/service providers
8. Third party advertising
Please note that our online and e-mail advertisers may use Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFS or other site-related techniques to help us conduct our online and email advertising campaigns and to increase the effectiveness of such campaigns. If a provider, for example, has set a cookie on your computer, the provider may use Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFS or other techniques to recognize the cookie while you visit the sites and to know which of our online advertisements has directed you to our sites, and the provider may provide us with other information that is useful to us. Please note that we may associate this other information provided by our providers with your personal information that we collected earlier.
9. What are your rights related to the processing of your personal information, how can you exercise them and how can you contact us?
a. Your rights regarding the processing of your personal data
You have the right:
· to be informed about your personal information processed by us
· to receive a copy of your personal information that we keep;
· to ask us to complete your personal information or to update/correct any inaccurate personal information;
· to demand that we stop processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· to ask us to communicate your specific personal information or to transmit it, or to transfer it to a responsible person.
Under certain circumstances, you also have the right:
· to ask us to delete your personal information; and
· to limit our processing of your personal information.
b. The exercise of your rights
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you may contact us using one of the options below.
· You can send us an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
· You can call us at: 0848 80 8000
· You can write us at the following postal address: Coca-Cola Schweiz GmbH, Stationsstrasse 33, 8306 Brüttisellen
c. Right to contact the relevant data protection authority
You have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority, in particular the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, if you consider that the processing methods are of such a nature as to infringe your personal rights and the rights of a large number of people.
d. Contact details of our data protection officer (DSB)
You can contact our Data Protection Officer (DSB) at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. How long do we store your personal information?
a. We want to store your personal information correctly and keep it up to date. We will delete your personal information when we no longer need it for business purposes.
11. Use of pages by minors and warnings for parents
a. The sites are intended for persons aged 13 years and older, with the consent of their parents until the age of 18 years. We do not want people under the age of 13 to provide personal information through these sites. We reserve the right to solicit proof of parental consent at any time to allow the processing of personal data relating to minors.
For some sites or apps, there may be age restrictions on what is appropriate for a particular age group and what is legally permitted. As far as specific age restrictions apply, this is clearly indicated on each site and we can ask questions to check your age before we process the information.
12. In which cases do we transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area?
If we transfer your personal information to third countries that do not provide an adequate level of protection, our data transmission will be subject to the following reasonable safeguards in relation to the DPA, in order to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected:
- Standard data protection clauses, adopted by the EU Commission (click here for access to the decision of the EU Commission on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data in third countries); and
- Switzerland-US Privacy Shield for transmission to companies in the United States (click here for the Switzerland-US Privacy Shield).
To obtain relevant information regarding the transfer of your personal data to third countries (including the relevant transfer mechanisms), please contact our data protection officer at this address email@example.com
13. Applicable Law